Friday, February 21, 2014

Capture-vated

I've wanted a new camera for a long while. My fellow bloggers know what I mean when I say you have to have great pics to grow your blog. Lucky me, my hubby got took advantage of the Sam's bundle (camera, tablet and photoshop lite) As my Valentine's Day present!
I just want to note that that is the most he has spent on me in LOOOOONG time. So I was pretty surprised. And excited. And that's why I've been MIA lately. I've been busy playing with my new toy.
That thing is smarter than I am. It's taking a lot of practice to figure out all the settings and when and where to use them, but I thought I'd drop in just to share a few of my photos. I've played around with editing too, so that's been fun.
Outside pictures on a windy winter afternoon are a little weird. The sun's not too bright and everything looks sort of blah. I still think I have great subjects to work with ;) 
salted caramel panna cotta from The Range Cafe


I didn't do much to this one, just a crop and an increase in black. I like the way it makes the colors pop a bit more. I'm a sucker for contrast.





I love a good black and white, especially for something not too serious. Ever notice most people only do serious photos in black and white? Well I wanted the attention on my silly boy who doesn't take off his bike helmet to play. And there's still plenty to keep your eyes moving here with all the different shapes and shades of grey.


{Not a professional* Don't take my comments as anything but opinion. I will inevitably steer you wrong.}

So that's basically all I've got for now!

and.. umm.. blogger doesn't seem to like my multiple photos in different places and sizes, so if this looks weird, just know I tried!

Do something fun today-
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment