Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Alfredo Sauce at it's Best

I make Fettucini Alfredo pretty frequently. It's Ira's favorite :)
I usually follow Emeril's recipe Fettucine Alfredo and with good reason. It's yummy. But last night, I mixed it up a little and it was so yummy! My pasta came out very saucy and awesome.
So here's the recipe:

1 stick of butter (8 Tbsp, salted)
1 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 cup Milk
1 1/2 Cups Italian blend cheese (you could use just parmesan or romano, but the blend was good.)
Season to taste, I used salt, garlic and an italian blend.

Warm butter until melted, then add heavy cream and cheese. Stir until the sauce thickens, then add the milk gradually until you get the desired consistency. Then season and serve.

This is the perfect amount for 1 box of fettucini noodle. Top with grilled chicken cut into slices. Sit back enjoy and don't expect to put away any leftovers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment