Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Our Snowy February Day


This is a story about a mama who did something for perhaps the very first time. 
She planned ahead. 
our library loot!
The two times a year that it snows in New Mexico, everybody talks about it. We cancel everything and hole up in our houses because we do not know how to drive in the snow. So, when I heard that a "storm" was on its way this week, I figured I should run (drive) to the library and stock up on some books to keep us happy at home.

I'll use any excuse to read children's books, actually. They're pretty much my favorite.

Clearly we didn't stray from the R-S shelves. I had a 2-year-old running around during after-school hours. We had to keep it short. 

Except I forgot my library card. Ahem- I don't know where it is. Luckily, Ira saved the day! His was tucked away in his car seat, where he left it the day we got it. Take that! librarian. 

So this afternoon, after a long winter's nap, we had a book fest. 

Ira wanted a picture with his favorite. 
I just want to say that I was against the whole idea of this book. It's a parody of Curious George by H.A. Rey and that is treading sacred ground in my mind. But he insisted on taking it, so I caved. Opinions aside, I will not deny my son the joy of finding a book he wants to read. 

You win some, you lose some. 
I'm still winning because he loves books!

Even Rey joined in the fun! He's the fuzziest cuddliest lion I know and sometimes he gives rides through the living room. This is the stuff I LOVE about being a mama. Building up a world of silliness and imagination. I do in hopes that, when the world tries to crush their spirit, they will remember that ordinary life can be magical.


Happy winter! 
Lindsay


Rey is our friend. He hangs out in the boys room and eats monsters. Nothing gets past him.

No comments:

Post a Comment